Sunday, January 27, 2013

Book Review: I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert


I am America (And So Can You!)I am America by Stephen Colbert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stephen Colbert was able translate his humor from screen to the written page in fantastic fashion in I Am America (And So Can You!).  Although Colbert covers material that was featured on The Colbert Report, but does so in a fun and engaging way that one doesn't mind a bit of overlap with his TV show.  From youth to old age, school and religion to Hollywood and the Media, Colbert covers issues he thinks the most important for his viewers (and readers) to know his thoughts on in a way that you can not laugh out loud.  The best part of the book is at the end with the entire speech Colbert gave at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner, the moment in which Colbert burst onto the national scene.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment