Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review: Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
My rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

I was not looking forward to reading this play again, I endured having to deal with it in high school and have avoided it as much as possible since. But now that I'm reading all of William Shakespeare's works I had to deal with it. I did notice the laughter that Mercutio brought into the play before his death, but still the play is about two dumb young teenagers who let their hormones get the better of themselves with none of the adults who know about their love affair not being proactive in preventing something bad happening or 'slowing' them down or sending word to the Prince that the two feuding houses had been joined in marriage. Given late 16th-century social norms, this play seemed weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment